Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ice skating!


This weekend we went ice skating...and I love ice skating in the city! It's so beautiful in front of the rathaus (city hall) and burgtheater to go ice skating! The Austrians are so good at winter sports!...we saw 6 year old figure skaters! I wasn't surprised though since the kids here learn how to ice skate as soon as they go to school. We go on a school field trip once a week in winter to go ice skating! Those kids are so lucky to get off school to go ice skating! The whole culture here is just more laid back...the schools are laid back and people are laid back...after work everyday the city is full of people going out with friends for coffee, etc. They don't just go home and sit! For that the Austrians are really cool!
It was a great service at church today. The people there are so caring and real. There are more nations represented there than you could imagine, but it gives the church such character! A young womens cell group is starting and that is an answered prayer for me, since the other groups were a bit "older" for me...I like older people too, but this one will be better and I can relate more I think. The girls are really sweet and I am excited to form some positive friendships...my other girls here are fun and great-but not always the best influence:) ha ha!
Tomorrow I go back to my lil kiddies at school...I am going to be dead tired after a whole week off!

4 comments:

Christi said...

It IS beautiful!!! WOW! :) So happy for you about your young women's group - that will be awesome! Praying that you meet some great friends there, too!

Mandi, Sean, Peyton, Dylan and Parker said...

Wow, Lisa -- those pictures seem so unreal! I can't believe that's your life! :P

That IS great news about the new young women's cell group -- when we lived in Utah I never really connected with any women, and it was SO hard. But I've started making some great friends here (Virginia), and it has made a huge difference! Praying for God to bring some good friends into your life! ;)

kimberly said...

i agree with how beautiful it is! anyone up for a visit to lisa?!?! ;)

i hope you're able to connect with people closer to your age! i know how difficult that can be.

Lisa and Christian said...

please come visit!